Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I want to blog dammit.

For WEEKS now I have been telling my coworker and everybody around me how I want to blog. Well here goes. I'm blogging. I will warn you I am the kind of person who thinks she's funny, but really I'm not all that funny. OKAY! So where to begin my blogging journey..

Since this blog is called cooking with charlie I should explain that Charlie is actually my dog. He is chocolate and tan "miniature" dachshund.  I say "miniature" because lets face it what dachshund is truly miniature...He has a large personality and makes me laugh on a daily basis!  Some could say that I'm obsessed with him, and I would probably have to agree. It is crazy to think of how much I really love this dog! He's a wiener.So in January Charlie turned 1 years old! I like the good dog momma that  I am decided I needed to throw him a party! I made mini dog cupcakes for him, which he LOVED! Then we opened presents which is the funniest thing to see. I learned this about Charlie on Christmas, but he is like child when it comes to presents. It is like he knows they're coming and they're for him. Charlie's grandma sent him a package filled with gifts and goodies, and I got him a few little toys. Once he got a toy he just ran with it and started playing with it, then he'd come back for his next gift! Funniest thing ever!

Banana Peanut Butter Mini Cupcakes (yields 6) 

Ingredients:
Cupcake:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons honey
1/2 egg (whisk it and use half)
"Icing"
1 mashed banana 

1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
a little honey for consistency 

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine ingredients
- In a prepared mini muffin tin divide the batter
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until firm
-Stir all the "icing" ingredients
-ice the cupcakes once cool and top with dried fruit! (I used dried apples)


Charlie thanking me for the AWESOME party and singing!

Charlie loved his cupcakes he didn't want to share with Amy ;)

Charlie is part of my family, and I treat him like he is!

3 comments:

  1. I have a cupcake blog called My Year of Cupcakes. I'm promoting awareness for Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month all October. I featured your cupcakes on my blog. I made them and took them to Bideawee, a local animal shelter, and fed them to a few dogs. Here's the link to that day if you wanna take a look: http://myyearofcupcakes.com/2013/10/05/doggie-cupcake-2/
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for featuring my recipe! Looks like the pups loved them! :)

      Delete
    2. They did. They were a huge hit! Thanks again!!

      Delete